Are ATMs Going to Become Obsolete?
ATM machines will never grow out of popularity. Cash is always going to be in demand, but the other services an ATM provides might not be necessary any longer. Most banks accept checks through your smart phone now so you do not have to go to an ATM to deposit money into your account. Instead of going to an ATM to withdraw money to pay a friend you can transfer money into their account online. So what are the things an ATM can do that you did not know about? You’d be surprised at what you may find.
- You can collect gold from an ATM in certain places now. There are already gold dispensing ATMs in places such as Europe. Now gold dispensing ATMs are popping up all over the world. Whenever you decide that you want to invest into gold then you can go to an ATM and withdraw this metal. The machine will literally display an up to date exchange rate so that you can make a wise investment.
- Learn about financial opportunities when you visit an ATM. The screens have become highly advanced and now let people look at advertisements. ATM screens now show people ads that target that individual. For instance, if you have recently married, the bank might show you an ad about great home loan rates offered. This type of advertising has helped a lot of people learn about financial opportunities they did not know were present.
- Did you know you could play the lottery on certain ATMs? As long as the state lottery commission approves it you can purchase a lottery ticket through the machine. A ticket is printed right there on the spot. You can also have your numbers sent to your phone so that you can verify whether or not you are a winner as soon as the numbers are released. Money is taken directly out of your account for the number of tickets you purchase.
- Pay your taxes at an ATM. You will need to bring some important documents to the machine, but it is possible to pay taxes on certain ATMs. This can take a small amount of time so it is not recommended if there is a line behind you. Once your taxes are filed you can choose to pay any debt right there on the spot. Paperwork is printed and an e-receipt is given to you as proof of paying your taxes.
- Withdraw money and reload your mobile device if you are on a pre-paid plan. Certain ATMs allow you to add more minutes or data straight from the machine. Every transaction you complete will take money directly out of your account. When you go withdraw cash you may want to add more minutes or additional data to your phone after you have seen your account balance.
- Limit your spending by setting a limit on yourself. Some banks now allow people to set a budget to follow each week and month. The ATM will notify you of your remaining budget balance on your printed statement balance after every transaction you complete. You are not obligated to follow the budget you set. The purpose of setting a budget is to try and manage your money better so that you do not overspend. This is a good tool to use if you are trying to save money and want to closely monitor your spending habits.
The ATM has evolved to allow people to complete dozens of tasks beyond taking money. One machine that is far from being obsolete is the ATM. ATMs are continuing to expand the range of tasks you may complete at the machines. You can now even apply for loans or make a donation straight from an ATM. Businesses should take note and invest into machines that allow people a range of options to conduct at an ATM to improve the amount of potential customers.