Surcharge Income Example
- Surcharge Amount – $2.00
- Your income per use – $2.10
- 5 uses per day – $10.50
- 30 days – $315.00
- 12 months $3780.00
How do you make Money with ATM Machines?
ATMDepot.com Customers make money from their ATM business two ways.
- ATM Owners and Operators can charge their ATM customers (ATM cardholders) a surcharge fee for using their ATM. Your able to charge this fee because as the owner or operator of an ATM Machine you are providing a convenient service that offers individuals the opportunity to save time if they need to access money from their bank without the hassle of going to their own bank or ATM.ATM Depot customers set their own surcharge fee during the setup process and receive up to 110% of this fee. That’s right, we said up to 110% (that’s one hundred and ten percent) of the fee you charge.*
- Banks that issue ATM cards (called issuers) also have to pay a small fee to the ATM networks (like Visa – “Plus network” or MasterCard “Cirrus Network”) for connecting their ATM cardholders to their corresponding bank. This is called interchange. So the way ATM Depot can offer customers up to 110% of their surcharge is by sharing some of this interchange. The interchange varies by network and all the fees for operating the ATM business come out of this fee. ATM Depot takes a few of the pennies that are left over and then shares them with their customers based on type of location and number of transactions. The additional fee ATM Depot customers earn is typically $0.05 to $0.15 over their surcharge.
ATMDepot.com does not charge any fees to operate an ATM. No Monthly Fee, No Minimum, No Online Monitoring Fee, No fee for 24 hour tech support. All the income generated by the ATM is kept by the ATM owner or operator. We say ATM Owner or Operator because sometimes one individual or company can own the actual ATM and someone else can actually operate the ATM. Meaning load it with cash, handle any service issues (albeit rare), do the account balancing and operate the business. Remember, it costs you nothing to process ATM transactions with Atmdepot.com. We have no statement fee, no minimum, and no monthly fees. There are no hidden charges. We can also pay up to 5 different people involved with the ATM business. The ATM Owner, Cash Loader, Investor, Retailer or location, etc. Call us or Sign up nowto find out all the benefits of working with ATM Depot.
The average ATM withdrawal transaction is about $60.
The banking rule states that a cardholder must be able to withdraw a maximum of $200 when paying a surcharge. You can set limits and pre-configured “dispense amounts” regarding how much can be taken out of your ATM, but the rules state if someone wants to withdraw $200 they can. Keep in mind that the national average withdrawal is $60 and that there are very few people that withdraw $200. The average surcharge is typically set between $1.75 – $2.50. If you own the ATM you can set it at whatever you want, however some states have specific maximums. If you’re not sure what the legal limit is in your state click here and ask us. All of the money taken out of your ATM is directly deposited back into your checking account each business day from the previous days usage. All funds go through the Federal Reserve ACH (automated clearing house). Funds from surcharge income are direct deposited into your checking account also, but at the end of each month for easy book keeping. It’s just like having your credit card charges direct deposited into your checking account. One of the most frequently asked questions we receive is how much can I makewith an ATM. This is not always easy to answer.
An outdoor ATM or one of our Drive Up or Walk up kiosks can produce twenty-five (25) transactions a day or more (that’s only 1 per hour). With 25 transactions per day you would earn over $1600 per month.
The average ATM in a retail environment (not a bank) does about 6 – 10 transactions per day. Keep in mind that there are ATM owners only doing two or three transactions a day on an ATM too but there are also ATM owners that have ATM machines that have 30 – 40 transactions per day. If you surcharge $2.00, ATMdepot.com pays you between $2.00 – $2.15 based on your transaction volume and number of ATMs with us. You will never receive less than 100% of the ATM surcharge.
- This means if your ATM does 3 – 4 transactions per day you would earn at least $180 and up to $250 or month.
- If your ATM falls in the average usage of 7 per day, you would earn approx $15 per day or approx $400 – $500 per month.
* If your surcharge fee is higher than $1.50 your maximum revenue share will be 100% of your surcharge plus 10% of the first $1.50.